Manager – C|T Local, NorthApply now
Manager – C|T Local, North
C|T Group is an international strategic research and communications consultancy with an exceptional track record in delivering successful campaigns for corporate and political clients globally. With a uniquely talented team, C|T Group’s capabilities comprise an unrivalled mixture of strategic insight, research and communications, corporate intelligence, project management and campaign delivery. The Group is now seeking a Manager to join the C|T Local North team working remotely with occasional travel to Leeds, Manchester and London required.
C|T Group opened operations in the North of England in the summer of 2021. Since then, it has seen considerable growth and now requires a Manager to oversee client accounts and assist in new business opportunities. We have shown fast growth and now looking for the best communicators and innovators out there that share a passion for getting things done in the North of England. This is an exciting time to join this growing service unit and will provide the right candidate the opportunity to help shape the business moving forward.
Sitting within C|T Local, C|T Local North understand how local, regional, and national government operates and interconnects with the elected and public officials, customers, stakeholders, the media, and the public.
We provide strategic additionality to help optimise opportunities and expand the likelihood of corporate objectives being achieved. With our knowledge and understanding of all levels of government, public perceptions and the media, we are often cited as our client’s trusted advisor.
We support clients by acting as a credible advocate into target areas of commercial or policy value, devising evidence-based messaging and identifying broader target audiences via our bespoke political, local, stakeholder, and wider public research.
With discretion and precision, we are able to provide forensic situational awareness, strategic direction and expert campaign execution.
The successful candidate will focus on three core areas of delivery for the business unit; campaign and project delivery by using the C|T Way to serve existing clients, growing our revenues and professionally develop ourselves and each other within the team.
- Providing strategic and operational support to C|T Local North Executive Director (Head of the North);
- Overseeing the smooth day-to-day management and growth of C|T Local North and its projects;
- Delivering research focused strategies to deliver public affairs solutions for our clients;
- Realising the projects aims and objectives through the C|T Way and actively contributing to fully meeting and exceeding the client’s needs at project level and across all day-to-day areas of responsibility, including championing the C|T Way with clients;
- Deputising on the day-to-day management of major campaigns and leading on smaller projects;
- Developing your own business network including retaining, developing and attracting new clients;
- Delivering project extensions and follow-on work, alongside work on new business opportunities;
- Demonstrating the C|T Group’s values and culture whilst promoting the C|T Way internally;
- Ensuring all team members contribute fully and understand how they and their projects fit into the wider team and the business picture;
- Actively participating in the growth of C|T Local North to build the team and Line Manage and professionally develop Consultants by conducting effective appraisals and providing real-time feedback;
- Sharing knowledge within the team and, specifically, developing their expertise in the three core areas, including arranging exposure and track-record development in the management of larger and more complex projects;
- Identifying and recognising Consultants for future progression; and
- With guidance and support from senior colleagues, developing own understanding of the C|T Way and consolidating knowledge across specialist areas.
This role truly requires a confident and flexible self-starter with exceptional organisational and time-management skills. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are essential to this role as well as a desire to grow the business unit. Candidates should demonstrate an aptitude for critical thinking, and provide innovative insight and resolution into complex problems. The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Aptitude for innovative thinking around communications and campaigning strategies;
- Strategic thinker with knowledge of political affairs with a commercial outlook;
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail;
- Effectively manage multiple clients whilst developing new business opportunities;
- Exercise judgement independently to take key decisions with flexibility and ability to prioritise and work under-pressure;
- Well-connected with experience in politics, journalism and/or local/combined authorities;
- Experience of engagement on complex and controversial issues;
- Placemaking and property development experience is desirable but not essential;
- Experience in a management role with working knowledge of business management practices;
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and to influence others to move towards a desired outcome using multiple communication methods (both traditional and digital);
- Strong proficiency with IT, both hardware and software, including Microsoft Office suite, particularly with PowerPoint and creating presentations; and
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is a prerequisite.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We value diversity and appoint on merit.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV along with a cover letter to [email protected].